FOUNDED ON FAITH, BUILDING OUR FUTURE CAMPAIGN
In 1926 the first Lourdes parishioners met in a beautiful home on the site of our present church. Later, a small clapboard chapel was moved to the property to accommodate a growing number of parishioners. In 1940 with the completion of the school, what is now the gym served as our place for worship for years. In 1950 the church was built. Motivated by faith, our parish has developed in each generation. Our predecessors at Lourdes, with concern for souls and an eye to the future, supported that development with purpose and sacrifice. We are grateful for their contributions and foresight.
This project would include:
- Enclosing the front portico to provide gathering space for use year-round
- Updating the current vestibule, and expanding the restrooms
- The addition of a room on the southwest side to provide for meeting space
- Improvement and beautification of the front of the church
- Updating the front walkway to a stone plaza
We are even looking at the possibility of erecting a bell tower.
I am appreciative of and grateful for the generosity and support you have shown to Our Lady of Lourdes parish. While I have no knowledge of your current financial commitments, I am aware of the significant needs of Our Lady of Lourdes parish.
Msgr. Edward J. Filardi